Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Being Blessed.

I have to say that I am a little confused when it comes to feeling so blessed. I have been feeling so happy and realizing just how blessed we are lately. And not just me and my little family, but all of us!! Okay my point to all of this is that I remember how perfect I remember thinking our family was growing up. Everything just seemed great! I remember Mom and Dad saying " We are so blessed." on more then one occasion. And we really were. And then Mom died and for a while that feeling of perfection and comfort fell apart and reality set in. Okay so here is my question that I would love an answer to. Is it a lack of faith on my part to almost be sitting on the end of my seat (so to speak)waiting for something bad to happen again. I really don't like feeling this way but It's like when things start going great and I'm so happy.......... I'm almost afraid to let myself get to happy. hhhhhmmmm I was just wondering if that made sense to anyone else?!!
Well I'm still counting my blessings and I'm not going around being a pessimist.
Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Carters said...

That's a great question! I've been thinking that whatever I think happens, so I better just keep thinking that everything will be great and go well (that's the hope part of it) and then I work to make it that way no matter what the circumstances or outcomes are (I think that's the faith part). Abe Lincoln said my favorite quote, "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." We are so blessed! It's true that there are tough times ahead, and it's okay to know that, but not get caught up thinking it's always just around the corner because then it will be.

Debbie Lynn Carter said...

ha ha! That is a great quote! Thanks so much Jewels! I am really glad to know that someone looks at Mom's blog and that you helped me out and answered my question, that was amazing! Thanks so much for your advice! I love you!