"But God knew the challenges they would face, and He certainly knew how lonely and troubled they would sometimes feel. So He watched over His mortal family constantly, heard their prayers always, and sent prophets (and later apostles) to teach, counsel, and guide them. But in times of special need, He sent angels, divine messengers, to bless His children, reassure them that heaven was always very close and that His help was always very near...Usually such beings are not seen. Sometimes they are. But seen or unseen they are always near. Sometimes their assignments are very grand and have significance for the whole world. Sometimes the messages are more private... But most often it is to comfort, to provide some form of merciful attention, guidance in difficult times." Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
This is my tribute to Mom today. Thank you for being with us. Thank you for ministering to us. Thank you for guiding us. Thank you for comforting us. Thank you for your work for us.
These words, I've often read, "I wish I could stay with Mom all day, but I have a debt to pay, a career to build, a wife to find, and a life to live...I've decided to live a happy life."
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jewels.Thanks so much for your post. You are so sensitive and understanding. You seem to be so close to Mom. And I am thankful for that. I love you! Thanks.
Post a Comment